A friend of mine posted a video.
It’s about why religion is bad but Jesus is good. I don’t want to get into it on his comments because I know he’ll just roll his eyes, but I’m positive he posted it with the idea of me seeing it. Before I came back to college after Christmas break, we had a talk about why he does not like the Catholic Church. Everything he said was either based off of lies that other people told him or lack of knowledge (which is the same thing, really). He didn’t know what to say to a lot of my responses.
I don’t want to reblog this video because I don’t want to give the maker any more publicity, but here’s what I have to say about it:
See, here’s the funny thing about this guy:
He thinks he’s saying a lot but he’s throwing out his opinions with no support. Like, if he says it to a catchy rhythm it’s true or something. Everything he says can be applied to every “nonreligious Christian” I’ve met.
It’s like because he was a Sunday church kid and sinner for the other six days, everyone who goes to church is the same.
He’s completely missing the fact that “when Jesus hated religion” there were no Christian religions yet. The non-Jews were all idol worshippers who bowed down to false gods and used them like vending machines. Shocking that Jesus would want to get rid of that, huh?
“If Jesus came to your church, would they actually let him in?” I can absolutely say that mine would. And religion is not a man-made invention. Jesus established the first Christian religion.
And his being addicted to pornography thing. If religion is just a list of things to do, then why doesn’t he take into consideration that Christian religions say that pornography is bad? You know what I mean? I don’t know any Christian religion that says pornography is an okay thing. So why is he so self-righteous for realizing that after he left?
Geez. This guy seriously needs to do his homework. There are so many lies in what he’s saying.
I have to ask. If it’s so much better not to have religion, then how come the non-religious Christians can’t even agree on what is sinful and what isn’t?
“Religion says do, Jesus says done.” If it’s done, and we shouldn’t do, then why can’t he watch porn? What is sin if it’s all done? Shouldn’t I want to be bonded to the teachings of Christ? And shouldn’t I be humble enough to realize I am blind to so much of His majesty because I am just a human walking on earth who hasn’t had the blessing of seeing His face or hearing His voice? Am I not blind because even when I am aware of sin, I still commit it daily? He makes it sound like Jesus is just this happy-go-lucky guy. What about the God of the Old Testament who was to be feared? Does he not realize that God and Jesus are the same, and Jesus, though loving us despite everything, still sees our sin?
And all of his statements about Jesus himself, not in terms of religion, such as Christ’s dying for our sins, religion (or mine, anyway) would support that.
He also makes comments about the Republican party not meaning Christian. No kidding. That’s not exactly brilliant. The Democratic party isn’t exactly a Christian one, either. I’d like to find one that is fully Christian. It would definitely make my life easier.
And as Mystagogy pointed out to me - Jesus was not only a Jew, but he practiced the Jewish religion. If religion is good enough for Him, it’s good enough for me.
P.S. Resentfulness and hate are not from God.
- tearsandstars reblogged this from allforhisgreaterglory
- yamsterrr likes this
- sweetandlovelygirl7 likes this
- worthfacinganyfear reblogged this from allforhisgreaterglory
- mystagogy reblogged this from lovelyloretta and added:
- lovelyloretta reblogged this from lovecoversmultitudes and added:
- riverflight likes this
- lmcintyre likes this
- lovecoversmultitudes reblogged this from allforhisgreaterglory and added:
- lovethatquietsallmyfears reblogged this from porcelainstrength
- thatothersmaybelovedmorethani likes this
- polaroidpixels likes this
- captainmarvelous likes this
- discerninghislove reblogged this from porcelainstrength
- beautifulbattlescars likes this
- sing-sing-sing likes this
- letalltheearthrejoice reblogged this from porcelainstrength
- iamgeorgianadarcy likes this
- actuallycharlesbingley reblogged this from porcelainstrength
- porcelainstrength reblogged this from allforhisgreaterglory
- allforhisgreaterglory reblogged this from lovelyloretta and added:
- allforhisgreaterglory likes this
- mariaarroyo reblogged this from lovelyloretta
- mystagogy likes this
- lovelyloretta posted this